Water Treatment Plant Chemicals
List all water treatment chemicals used.
From the City of Ottawa water treatment website.
|Aluminum Sulphate (liquid)
Sulphuric Acid (liquid - 93%)
Sodium Silicate (liquid)
Sodium Hypochlorite (liquid -12%)
Hydrofluorosilicic Acid (liquid)
Sodium Hydroxide (liquid - 50%)
Aqueous Ammonia (liquid)
Carbon Dioxide (gas)
Sodium Bisulphite (for dechlorination)
Each one of these chemicals would kill you in stronger concentration.
Just a thought.
Other Dangerous Chemicals In Our Water
- The myth of Floride - While fluoridation is neither effective nor safe, it continues to provide a convenient cover for many of the interests that stand to profit from the public being misinformed about fluoride.
- Chlorine - "There is increased evidence for an association between rectal, colon and bladder cancer and the consumption of chlorinated drinking water", this according to the President's Council on Environmental Quality.
- Chloramine - Some people who use drinking water containing chloramines well in excess of EPA's standard could experience irritating effects to their eyes and nose, stomach discomfort or anemia.
- Uranium - Dr. Lemieux said drinking water containing small quantities of uranium can cause kidney problems.
- Lead - Even low lead levels are reported to cause the following types of problems; poor mental performance, low weight at birth, interference with the metabolism of Vitamin D, delayed growth and neurological development, and poor attention span.
- Arsenic - Some people who drink water containing arsenic in excess of EPA's standard over many years could experience skin damage or problems with their circulatory system, and may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
- Radon - Radon gas can dissolve and accumulate in underground water sources, such as wells, and in the air in your home. Breathing radon can cause lung cancer. Drinking water containing radon presents a risk of developing cancer.
- Bromate - Some people who drink water containing bromate in excess of EPA's standard over many years may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
- MTBE is a fuel additive, commonly used in the United States to reduce carbon monoxide and ozone levels caused by auto emissions. Due to its widespread use, reports of MTBE detections in the nation's ground and surface water supplies are increasing.
- Aluminium Sulphate - Tons of aluminium sulphate is added to our water in the treatment process to make the sediments settle out of the water.
- Plus another 2,300 toxic chemicals causing cancer, cell mutation, and nervous disorders.
- Microbes - Fecal Coliform and E coli, Coliform bacteria, Cryptosporidium, Giardia lamblia
<<back to What are my options?