April 2014 issue
Cancer can be prevented
Prevention is the key
Billions of dollars have been spent over the last few decades trying to find a cure for cancer. The effort so far has been fruitless other than some therapies that severely abuse the body by subjecting it to controlled doses of poison such as chemotherapy or radiation. Both of which have long-term destructive effects on the body as well as unbelievable and often unbearable side effects. Despite all of this, cancer is in most cases preventable. We know that it is not a disease but a dysfunction brought about by the ingestion of poisonous chemicals into our bodies in the water we drink, the air we breathe and the improperly prepared food we eat. All of this leads to the breakdown of our body's natural immune system that have for centuries worked well to protect us against bacteria and naturally occurring contaminants. But the abuse of our air, water and food resources with man-made chemicals have led to a greater occurrence of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and so many more life threatening disorders. Six main points we will cover in detail: Avoid Toxins Slow Down Change your Diet Exercise Supplements and Antioxidants Control your thoughts (You are what you think about) Ten facts about cancer you should know.
SOURCE: WORLD CANCER RESEARCH FUND
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen = 20 the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply. Some of the world's leading experts in nutrition epidemiology have cast a resounding vote in the decades-long debate between treating or preventing cancer: Prevention wins.
There are 6 main points in cancer prevention
1. Avoid Toxins Water – There are over 2300 know toxins in our water and scientists are now getting even more concerned about the long term effects of the mixes of them. Many people are under the impression that chlorine in water causes cancer. Their correct, but it is mainly the by-products of chlorine that gives you cancer. When chlorine reacts to organic matter in the water it creates Trihalomethanes and Haloacetates, which have been proven to be carcinogenic. Fluoride, which is added to the water supply of most municipalities to help cut down on tooth decay in children, is a possible carcinogen. The Journal of Epidemiology, in 2001, linked fluoride as the genetic cause of cancer. Drinking 8 glasses of purified water daily DECREASES the risk of: • colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%, bladder cancer by 50% and rectal cancer by 38%. Water also assists the kidneys in eliminating harmful salts, toxins and wastes and carries nutrients and oxygen to all the cells in the body. Very important in keeping a strong immune system. According to the American Journal of Epidemiology bathing and showering in municipal treated water will increase you risk of cancer by 57 percent. The solution is a whole house filter or a shower filter to remove toxic chemicals. Air – Smoking. I don't have to tell you about this but recent finding have found that second hand smoke can be 40 times worst. Second hand smoke contains more than 4,000 substances, including over 40 that are linked to cancer. The American Lung Association explains that an air purifier is the best way to clean indoor air because it is able to remove these harmful contaminants. The Lung Association review of studies links indoor air pollutants to a string of ailments -- from difficult breathing and wheezing to asthma, respiratory infections, bronchitis, emphysema and lung cancer. A Health Canada study estimates that the five common air pollutants -- carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulphur dioxide and fine particulate matter -- kill 5,900 people a year in eight big Canadian cities. A study from the EPA states that the number of deaths from lung cancer increases by 8 percent for every 10 micrograms of fine particulate matter per cubic meter. We breathe in up to 20.000 litres of air a day. Don't you think that the 2 heaping tablespoons of pollutants can affect our health? Having a quality water and air purifier in your home just makes sense. Either you use a filter or you ARE the filter. Pesticides and Herbicides – Organic meat and produce is readily available in most grocery stores now. For the extra 10% to 20% cost it is far more worthwhile than you can imagine. I recently attended an Organic Farmers fair and was surprised to learn that many of them take organic very seriously. I used to be a bit sceptical at just how organic the foods really were. I was surprised and relieved at the measures they take to make the soils and produce full of minerals and free from toxic poisons. I have a farmer grow a cow for me every year. It goes from mother's milk to grass and never sees a needle. My baby cow does not contain livestock antibiotics, growth hormones or parasites. It costs far less than what I would pay for in a store and I give most of it away as red meat is also not the best for you if you eat it too often. Free roaming chicken and their eggs along with fresh fish are the main meats you should have to avoid cancer. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells. Also just use your logic. No plastic containers or plastic wrap in the microwave. (Best not to use one at all) No plastic water bottles in the freezer. Use stainless steel or glass for drinking and storage. *
2. Slow Down Ever hear the expression ‘Stop and smell the roses'? Are you type that jumps out of bed when the alarm goes off giving you just enough time to get ready for work, put pack a coffee, fight rush hour traffic then deal with a stressful job? Stress can have a serious effect on your health. Slow down and take the needed breaks. I know some people who practice TM (Transcendental Meditation) and a 20 minute session feels like they've slept for 4 hours. Yoga is also a great way to release stress and get your body into a relaxed state.
3. Change your Diet A report, issued by the World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research, based on an exhaustive review of nearly 7,000 scientific studies into whether cancer rates are influenced by diet, obesity and exercise, concludes that cancer "is mostly preventable," estimating that about one-third of all cases in advanced countries like Canada could be eliminated by diets that aren't loaded with fatty, sugary foods, by people exercising regularly and, if they are obese, by slimming down to an appropriate weight. Among the cancers with links to these factors are those of the breast, prostate, mouth and colon. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc. are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt. Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. Take time to have a nutritious breakfast. If you don't have a lot of time mix some Muslix with organic yogurt and throw some fruit on top. Ideally use blueberries, as they are high in antioxidants. Simple and fast. Juicing – Absolutely the best way to start your day. Organic meat, vegetables, eggs and milk – Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soymilk, cancer cells are being starved.
Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water - best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled and RO water is acidic, avoid it.
Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become purified and leads to more toxic buildup. You are what you eat.
4. Exercise Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells. Dr. Shiriki Kumanyika, an epidemiologist at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and a member of an expert panel that oversaw the writing of the report. Also on the panel were such nutrition luminaries as the Harvard School of Public Health's Walter Willett, said scientific evidence strongly supports the estimate that poor diet, obesity and lack of exercise cause one out of three cancers. "I definitely feel confident that it's at least that much," she said. To encourage more physical activity, the report says society should place less emphasis on elite professional sports that lead people to be sedentary spectators, and instead develop entertainment that inspires everyone to be physically active. It says cities should be designed for walking and cycling, rather than the current practice of promoting automobile use through road expansion. The Canadian Cancer Society supports the report's approach, saying Canada needs a two-pronged strategy for dealing with cancer that involves both individual action and public-policy interventions that help people reduce their cancer risk.
5. Supplements and Antioxidants Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells. For years I have been drinking a tea called Taheebo, or Pau D'arco as it is called in South America. It's an unusual taste but this tea made from the inner bark of an unusual tree grown in South America is a very strong antioxidant. I'm also a firm believer in the health benefits of the juices sold by many of the multi-level companies. I call it my liquid vitamins. There are many quality ones to choose from such as Goji Juice, Intra, Mangostien, etc. They're all great and loaded with antioxidants.
6. Control your thoughts Never underestimate the power of the mind. Hypochondriacs do get sick more often mainly because they believe they are. One of the most profound statements I have ever heard was ‘You are what you think about'. Many books have been written on the subject. The most recent was ‘The Secret'. It's very simple. If you believe something strongly enough it can become reality. I've tested this theory many times and am constantly amazed at how it seems to keep working. If you can see yourself with cancer and you're always worrying that you will get it, you may end up getting your wish. On the other hand if you regularly visualize yourself as the healthy individual who will live past 100 years of age, this may happen as well . ‘Whatever the mind can believe and conceive it can achieve.' DO NOT underestimate the power of your subconscious mind. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life. Bottom line, Prevention is the best cure!!! U.S. estimates of cancers that can be prevented with appropriate nutrition and physical activity: Endometrium: 70%, Esophagus: 69%, Mouth, pharynx, larynx: 63%, Stomach: 47%, Colorectum: 45%, Pancreas: 39%, Breast: 38%, Lung: 36%, Kidney: 24%, Gallbladder: 21%, Liver: 15%, Prostate: 11% Total for these cancers: 34%
Ottawa Citizen Reports on E.coli in Ottawa river
Letter to CBC on tap versus bottled water debate
In response to your news reviews about municipalities and school boards restricting or banning bottled water in schools and municipal buildings I find the debate is ridiculous. Much of what the bottled water companies have said about tap water is accurate, as I will outline below. However, the bottled water industry is not much better. 99% of the cost of bottled water is for advertising, plastic bottles, transportation and profits etc. and the quality of their water is often no better than tap water and sometimes worse. It's certainly not worth the high cost. There is a much safer and much cheaper solution to the problem.
I have been studying water quality for almost two decades and for the last fifteen years have been selling, what I believe to be the best water purifiers in the world, but they cost between $400 and $1000. They are expensive and a lot of ordinary people can't make that investment in their health. I have been trying to solve that problem for years and have only recently come up with a new business model that can provide each home in the City of Ottawa with unlimited clean, pure, safe great-tasting water for less than 32 cents a day. That means sufficient pure water with all its essential minerals intact for drinking, cooking and even for the pets and indoor plants. Especially the fish!
Please do not think that I blame the city water purification people for the poor quality water problem. They are doing the best they can but given the volume they have to produce and the chemicals and contaminants being leaked into our waterways they just can't refine the water to a level that is drinkable. Even if they could, that water would be re-contaminated as it passed through the hundreds of miles of pipes to reach our homes. I want that deadly chlorine in my water right up until it reaches my taps . But then I have to make a decision, do I want to have a good water purifier or do I want to be the purifier? If I decide to be the purifier, I must remember replacing the clogged human organs can be a long, painful and sometimes fatal process and the replacement you get is never a new one. It's your decision, do you really want you and your family to be the filters? Or do you want to be able to throw away the bacteria, chemicals, heavy metals, poisons and other contaminants every year and start with a brand new fresh purifier cartridge?
For more information about how citizens of Ottawa can get great tasting water for less than 39 cents a day they can go to my website. The website include a large number of reports on why tap water is not good for your long term health. It also explains why the Doulton water purification cartridge towers above all other water purification systems when it comes to producing great-tasting water with all the natural minerals still intact.
There is a much better alternative to both tap water and bottled water that will keep people healthy, kids will drink it because it tastes so much better than tap water and it won't involve filling the landfills with plastic bottles. The perfect environmentally friendly solution to the tap and bottled water debate.
Did you know that Doulton started making ceramic water filters 180 years ago for Queen Victoria and they have been improving on it ever since. Now it filters down to 0.3 of a micron, which is pretty small when the diameter of an average hair measures 100 microns across.
Go to www.belkraft.com for more background information such as:
- Why it is so important for us to drink water for our long term health?
- The benefits of drinking plenty of water.
- How bad is our tap water?
- A comparison of all sources of purified water
- Why a Doulton washable ceramic /carbon block cartridge is better than any other system.
- How you can get clean, pure, safe, great tasting water for less than 39 cents a day?
I hope you can investigate this much better alternative to tap or bottled water. I already have doctors and health food stores promoting it for me. Unfortunately at 32 cents a day the advertising budget is virtually non-existent. I just want people in Ottawa to have a better choice.
To whom it may concern.
Here is my opinion of the Bottled Water debate that seems to be raving across the city.
My personal info is at the bottom of the letter
WHY THE BOTTLED WATER VERSUS TAP WATER DEBATE IS SILLY AND MISLEADING.
Many local municipal agencies are making moves to ban bottled water sales in their establishments, stating that bottled water is no better than tap water and people are paying too much money for a product that creates an environmental nightmare.
The water bottlers are saying that if kids don't have bottled water available to them they will turn back to the sugar laden soda drinks because the taste of city water is bad. And so the silly argument can continue forever until someone wakes up and realizes that both sides are wrong and nobody is looking at a simple solution that can resolve the problem for everybody. Let's look at the facts.
BOTTLED WATER FACTS
These are taken from a US study simply because a Canadian version is not available but the truth is proportionately the figures apply just as much in Canada.
- Each day over 70 million bottles of water are sold in the US.
- Last year over 38 billion single-use water bottles ended up in U.S. landfills and waterways leaching toxins into our earth and water.
- Bottled Water production, transportation and disposal required more than 17 million barrels of oil last year in America alone, enough fuel for more than 1 million cars for a year, generating more than 2.5 million tons of carbon dioxide.
- 1.5 million barrels of oil are used to produce the plastic bottles for the 8 billion gallons of bottled water consumed each year in the U.S. This equates to enough oil to power 100,000 vehicles for a year.
- Transporting water bottles from origin to market in the U.S. alone is equivalent to 38,000, eighteen-wheel trucks delivering water weekly.
- Over 2.5 billion tons of plastic are used each year to produce single-use water bottles, resulting in over 1.5 million tons of plastic waste per year, requiring 47 million gallons of oil to produce.
- Bottled water companies, water to production ratios are roughly 3 to 1. This means for every 3 liters of freshwater that the bottled water industry takes from the earth and our U.S. municipal water sources only 1 liter of bottled water is actually produced. What happens to the remaining 2 liters? It is used to clean bottles and machinery and discarded as wastewater.
TAP WATER FACTS
- In the so called filtering of city water large amounts of toxic chemicals are added to the already heavily contaminated water sources including;
- The chlorine that is added to the water to disinfect it of viruses, bacteria and parasites is not only poisonous but acts upon microscopic organic material to create Trihalomethanes (THM's) which are known to be carcinogenic.
- Scientists at all levels of government and research institutes around the world have declared that the long term, continued use of chlorinated water leads to cancer, heart disease, birth defects and a host of other major health problems.
- Over the past two decades, our society has dumped more chemical waste, sewage, poisons, industrial waste and drugs into our water sources than at anytime in history.
- In the first two months of the year there have been 3 contaminating spills into the Ottawa River. One nuclear, one raw sewage water and recently a spill of 6,000 lbs of Freon used in air conditioning and refrigeration units. You can't send your old fridge to the dump until you have paid to have the toxic Freon removed by a registered contractor. It's the law because its dangerous, but the city declares it will have no effect on the purity of our city tap water.
- If you need 100's more reasons why not to drink tap water visit https://waterproducts.ca/Water_facts.htm
Please don't get me wrong I am not against what the municipal water people are doing. Given the volume of tap water they have to filter and that the provincial standards for water quality permit relatively small amounts of cyanide, strontium and hundreds of other toxic chemicals we can't expect more. Recent research has stated that they are less concerned about the 2300 chemicals found in our water and more about the powerful cocktails that are created when many of these chemicals get together in the mix.
Even if they could clean the water to a safe level it would get re-contaminated as it travels through the hundreds of miles of pipes to get to my home. I will categorically state that I WANT the deadly chlorine in my tap water right up to the taps in my home, because at that point I can make the decision about what I will drink or not.
The Third Alternative
Where in the debate has anybody considered the third alternative? One that provides pure, clean, fresh great-tasting water without the need for a single plastic bottle going to recycling or the landfill. There are hundreds of water purification systems on the market and unfortunately many of them do a poor job of purifying the water. If you open the Brita refill carton (it's written on the inside of the box) it clearly states in tiny print, “the Brita Pitcher filter is not intended to purify water.” If you would like to find out a few of the many facts and reports on Bottled water, tap water and water filters go to https://waterproducts.ca/Water_facts.htm
Now you and your family can have unlimited pure, clean, safe, great tasting water for drinking, cooking and even pets and house plants (the fish love it) all for less than 32 cents a day. Yep you heard me right, you don't have to buy a water purifier, don't take care of it, you just drink the water or put some in a safe drinking bottle and take it with you and your whole family can drink great water for less than the cost of one small bottle of bottled water from the vending machine each day.
If you are currently drinking bottled or tap water you should find out more.
Ontario open to ban on sale of plastic water bottles
Updated Thu. Nov. 6 2008 1:44 PM ET
The Canadian Press
Click HERE for the story
After 123 years, it finally blew
WHAT LIES BENEATH: The water pipe that burst downtown yesterday was installed in 1885. Rupture highlights how accounting decision 'shortchanged' public
Indeed, the city's water main system contains 2,700 kilometres of piping, and Mr. Weir said there are roughly 320 breaks per year. Two hundred kilometres of the pipe is made of cast iron and is older than 95 years.
Go HERE for the story.
Canadian stores race to purge bisphenol A products
In the News…
Public Health and Drinking Water News Briefs:
March 2008 issue
February 2008 issue
January 2008 issue
December 2007 issue
November 2007 issue
October 2007 issue
September 2007 issue
August 10, 2007 issue
July 2007 issue
March 2007 issue
CSO Discharges to the Great Lakes
- In Michigan in 2004, 27 billion gallons of a sewage-storm water mix was dumped into the Great Lakes.
- 2005 Michigan communities reported 338 sanitary sewer overflows 147 million gallons of raw sewage into the Great Lakes.
In the News…
Public Health and Drinking Water News Briefs
March 26, 2007
WQ&HC's Rose Presents Great Lakes Water Quality Research
WQ&HC member and Homer Nowlin Chair of Water Research at Michigan State University Joan Rose, PhD discussed her recent water quality research at the American Association for the Advancement of Science's (AAAS) annual meeting. In her presentation "Drinking Water and Health: Forecasting Pathogen Risks in the Great Lakes," Dr. Rose discussed the increasing difficulty of separating drinking water and sewage, leading to a variety of illnesses and public health threats from contact with pathogens including Campylobacter, Giardia, Salmonella and noroviruses.
Dr. Rose's Great Lakes Basin project is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) effort to develop a means of forecasting water quality problems for lakes, rivers and streams. The ability to identify drinking water contamination scenarios in the early stages will help prevent health threats and possible disease outbreaks before they occur.
According to Dr. Rose, the safety of drinking water systems is challenged by aging water treatment infrastructure that can be overwhelmed by unpredictable weather conditions and heavy rainfall. Without appropriate barriers in place, the resulting flooding and overflow produces a dangerous mixing of sewage with source water for drinking water systems. The result of this can lead to potential human consumption of sewage-contaminated water and possible waterborne illness episodes.
Findings of the NOAA study suggest that more emphasis needs to be paid to watershed protection for the Great Lakes region water resources system, in place of the current focus on water treatment that can be overwhelmed by catastrophic weather events and the presence of treatment-resistant contaminants.
To view a PowerPoint presentation by Dr. Rose on the Great Lakes Basin project, please go to:
Water Quality and Health: The Great Lakes Basin
"ANTIOXIDANTS IN CHOCOLATE MAY HELP PROTECT AGAINST CANCER. DARK CHOCOLATE HAS BEEN FOUND TO MODERATE BLOOD PRESSURE, AND OTHER INGREDIENTS ELEVATE MOOD."
"A RECENT STUDY FOUND THAT THOSE WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE WHO ATE A 3.5 OUNCE DARK CHOCOLATE BAR DAILY FOR 15 DAYS WERE REWARDED WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE, LOWER LDL(BAD) CHOLESTEROL, AND IMPROVED SUGAR METABOLISM."
A RECENT STUDY FOUND THAT CHOCOLATE SUPPRESSES APPETITE. IT ALSO HELPS PREVENT THE BODY FROM TAKING THE FAT IN OUR DIETS AND PUTTING IT IN FATTY CELLS. IN ADDITION, BECAUSE OF THE MOOD ELEVATING CHEMICALS, PEOPLE FEEL MORE ENERGY AND WANT TO EXERCISE MORE. BECAUSE OF THIS COMBINATION THEY CONTINUE TO LOOSE WEIGHT.
OUR PRODUCTS ARE PRODUCED WITH RICH, UNPROCESSED CACAO POWDER THAT HAS BEEN FOUND TO HAVE THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF ANTIOXIDANTS OF ANY FOOD PRODUCT IN THE WORLD, COMBINED WITH THE ACAI BERRY (DESCRIBED AS NATURE'S MOST COMPLETE WHOLE FOOD) THAT CONTAINS MORE THAN 14 TIMES THE ANTIOXIDANTS OF RAW SPINACH AND THE DARK CHOCOLATE THAT IS RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS, FLAVONOIDS FOR A HEALTHY HEART AND OTHER PHYTONUTRIENTS ESSENTIAL TO GOOD HEALTH.
"FOR MORE INFO ON "THE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE" GO TO http://mxi.myvoffice.com/dynastar/products.cfm
TDo you trust your cities tap water?
Here is a list of all water treatment chemicals used.
(From the City of Ottawa water treatment web site.)
- Aluminum Sulphate (liquid)
- Sulphuric Acid (liquid - 93%)
- Sodium Silicate (liquid)
- Sodium Hypochlorite (liquid -12%)
- Hydrofluorosilicic Acid (liquid)
- Sodium Hydroxide (liquid - 50%)
- Aqueous Ammonia (liquid)
- Carbon Dioxide (gas)
- Sodium Bisulphite (for dechlorination)
Each one of these chemicals would kill you in stronger concentration.
Just a thought.EN STEPS TO OUR CHILDREN'S TOXIC FREE FUTURE
International global warming conference approves report on climate change
By ARTHUR MAX, Canadian Press
Co-Chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Martin Parry, presents a report on climate change at the EU Charlemagne building in Brussels, April 6, 2007. (CP)
RUSSELS, Belgium (AP) - An international global warming conference approved a report on climate change Friday, chairman Rajendra Pachauri said, after a contentious marathon session that saw angry exchanges between diplomats and scientists who drafted the report.
"We have an approved accord. It has been a complex exercise," Pachauri told reporters after an all-night meeting of the International Panel on Climate Change.
Several scientists objected to the editing of the final draft by government negotiators but in the end agreed to compromises. However, some scientists vowed never to take part in the process again.
"The authors lost," said one scientist. "A lot of authors are not going to engage in the IPCC process anymore. I have had it with them," he said on condition of anonymity because the proceedings were supposed to remain confidential. An Associated Press reporter, however, witnessed part of the final meeting.
The climax of five days of negotiations was reached when the delegates removed parts of a key chart highlighting devastating effects of climate change that kick in with every rise of one degree C and in a tussle over the level of confidence attached to key statements.
The United States, China and Saudi Arabia raised the most objections to the phrasing, most often seeking to tone down the certainty of some of the more dire projections.
The final report is the clearest and most comprehensive scientific statement to date on the impact of global warming mainly caused by man-induced carbon dioxide pollution.
It predicts that up to 30 per cent of species face an increased risk of extinction if global temperatures rise two degrees C above the average in the 1980s and '90s.
Areas that now suffer a shortage of rain will become even more dry, adding to the risks of hunger and disease, it said. The world will face heightened threats of flooding, severe storms and the erosion of coastlines.
Asbestos main cause of rising workplace deaths
|The Ottawa Citizen
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Nearly five Canadians, on average, died every working day last year from a work-related accident or illness, according to a report that expresses "grave concern" that such deaths are rising, not falling, as they are in most other industrialized countries.
"We have also linked the increase in workplace deaths in Canada to asbestos exposure," says the Centre for the Study of Living Standards report, released today, which is critical of Canada's continued mining, use, and export of a substance many countries have banned.
Canada earlier this year reportedly blocked efforts by other nations to have asbestos placed on an international list of banned substances. Quebec is the only province that still produces asbestos and that output is mostly exported to underdeveloped countries.
Asbestos-related deaths accounted for 62 per cent of those from occupational diseases and 30 per cent of total workplace fatalities in 2004, the most recent year for which there are full figures, the report says.
"The increased fatality rate from asbestos, up from 0.4 per 100,000 workers in 1996 to 1.8 in 2004, accounted for the lion's share of the increased incidence from occupational disease," it says.
It warns that while most of the deaths due to asbestos date back to exposure before the implementation of stricter controls, the number of work-related deaths due to the substance has still not likely peaked.
NDP MP Pat Martin, a former asbestos miner, expressed shock at the increase in workplace deaths and the role of asbestos in that increase, and anger at the Canadian government's support for the asbestos industry.
"Asbestos is the greatest industrial killer the world has ever known," said the Manitoba MP, who still undergoes annual tests on his scarred lungs.
"And Canada is in complete denial of the health risks."
The Quebec asbestos mines are mostly located in economically depressed areas.
"We're still the second-largest producer and exporter of asbestos in the world but we won't say 'boo' because all the mines are in Quebec," Mr. Martin said. "It's appalling."
The industry is a money loser but is subsidized by the federal government, a subsidy which Mr. Martin said was just doubled. According to government documents, federal payments to the Asbestos Institute rose to $250,000 this fiscal year from $125,000 last year.
The contribution is to "foster the international implementation of the safe and responsible use of chrysotile asbestos." A call to the office of Natural Resources Minister Gary Lunn was not returned yesterday.
The report, meanwhile, notes that 557, or 50.8 per cent of the deaths, were from occupational diseases, and 491 or 44.8 per cent were from accidents.
Information collected by the Association of Workers' Compensation Boards of Canada reveals 1,097 workplace fatalities in Canada in 2005, up from 758 in 1993, the report says. The incidence of such work-related deaths has also increased over that period to 6.8 per 100,000 last year from 5.9 in 1993.
"This upward trend is disturbing," it says. "It lies in contrast to a decline in the rate in the 1976-1993 period in Canada and to a fall in almost all other OECD countries over the 1993-2003 period."
"As Canadians work on average 230 days per year, this means that there were nearly five work-related deaths per work day in this country," it said.
The rate is "unacceptably high," it says, adding that "Canada can do much better."
The increase in the incidence of workplace deaths was almost entirely driven by an increase in occupational diseases, although workplace fatalities also rose, which may reflect an increase in the proportion of workers in high-risk industries such as construction, it says.
International figures are not fully comparable because, unlike Canada, some countries don't include occupational deaths, or put time limits on the ones they include, and some don't include traffic accidents while on the job.
"Nevertheless, even if one fully adjusted for definitional differences, it is very unlikely that Canada would emerge as a low workplace fatality country relative to its peers," it says.
If one compares only the workplace fatality rate from accidents, the latest figures suggest the United States, with 4.0 per 100,000, has a higher rate than Canada's 3.0, it says.
"However, a comparison of trends ... shows greater improvement in the United States than Canada," it says, noting the rate in the U.S. has fallen while the rate here has edged up.
And the rate in Canada was well above that in nine other industrial countries, it adds.
Other findings include:
- The most dangerous industry is fishing and trapping with 52 fatalities per 100,000 workers, followed by mining, quarrying and oil rigging at 46.9; logging and forestry at 33.3; and construction at 20.2.
- The least dangerous industry was finance and insurance with only 0.3 fatalities per 100,000.
- The most dangerous occupations are the trades, transport and equipment operators, and related occupations with 21.3 workplace deaths per 100,000 workers, followed by those unique to the primary industries, at 16.9, and those involved in processing, manufacturing, and utilities at 8.2, while all other major group occupations had a fatality rate less than three per 100,000.
- Men, with 12.4 deaths per 100,000 workers, are 30 times more likely to die on the job than women.
- Older workers are also much more likely to experience a workplace-related fatality (114.8 per 100,000 for those aged 65 and over) than younger workers.
- Newfoundland has by far the highest provincial rate of workplace fatalities with 11.7 per 100,000, which is nearly double the national average, and a situation which prevailed throughout the 1993-2005 period. British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Alberta had the next highest rates, while Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, and New Brunswick had the lowest.
© The Ottawa Citizen 2006
We have a new Free computerized health questionaire.
Water has been called “the most essential nutrient.”
The benefits of drinking plenty of water:
helps us look better by keeping our weight in check
revitalizes dull dry skin and lubricates all of our joints
regulates our body temperature,
assists the kidneys in eliminating harmful salts and wastes
carries nutrients and oxygen to all the cells in the body.
essential for maintaining good health.
Approximately two thirds of a person's body weight is water.
Blood is 63% water, The Brain is 75% water, Muscles are 75% water,
Lungs are 80% water, The Heart is 75% water, Liver is 85% water
Kidneys 63% and Bones are 22% water.
The average adult requires about 8 to 12 cups of water per 24 hours
for digestion, perspiration, breathing and elimination of body waste.
One third of our basic water intake comes from the fruits and vegetables.
A deficit of at least eight cups of water a day must be added to ensure the health and wellness of our body and avoid dehydration.
Any strenuous physical exercise demands even more water intake.
(A single exercise session can deplete our body's water by 3 to 5 litres.)
Please note that the following do NOT count towards water intake:
Drinks containing nutrients, such as milk, fruit juices, sugar sweetened drinks, salty tomato based juices etc. takes water from the body to process the nutrients.
Tea, coffee, cola drinks and alcoholic beverages are diuretics that promote urination, causing even greater water loss than the liquid consumed.
What happens if we don't get sufficient water?
Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
If the amount of water in your body is reduced by
1-2%, you feel very thirsty and your metabolism slows down.
2-5% can trigger fuzzy short term memory, trouble with basic
math and difficulty focusing on the printed page or screen
5%, you'll have difficulty moving your muscles or thinking
clearly reducing your ability to work by 20-30%.
At 10% loss of body water you will die.
Drinking 8 glasses of water daily DECREASES the risk of:
colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%,
bladder cancer by 50% rectal cancer by 38%.
back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
kidney stones and urinary tract infections
constipation, migraine headaches and obesity.
Scientific research has revealed that the quality of the water is directly proportional to the health and longevity of people in five regions of the world who regularly live to over 120 years of age.
Surveys show that 75% of North Americans are chronically dehydrated and it is reaching epidemic proportions because water is substituted for other liquids that actually increase the body's water needs.
In 37% of North Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. Hence, we mistakenly snack when we should be drinking water to satisfy the body's emergency warning signals.
How bad is our tap water?
Despite years of research many people still believe faith that the city would only provide them with clean healthy water.
Over the past 2 decades our society has dumped more chemical waste, sewage, poisons, industrial waste and pharmaceutical drugs into our water sources than at anytime in history. Our rivers and lakes have been contaminated and even the subterranean aquifers that supply our wells and springs have become contaminated by the leaching of pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, nitrates, phosphates, dioxins and so many more toxic substances. Manure and other organic waste has led to increased bacteria in our water sources.
Virtually every day the media reports incidents of contamination and pollution of our municipal water sources. Water quality varies from city to city, street to street and tap to tap. Water can change from day to day depending on water treatment techniques and controls.
Our water treatment people are fighting an uphill battle. With limited resources, they try to clean up the water as best as they can. Over 75% of community water supplies are disinfected with chlorine to kill disease-causing germs. Without the chlorine, most of us would be dead in days from water-born bacteria and viruses.
Chlorine is itself a poison and despite its extreme dilution,
it does have a long term affect upon our health.
Research by federal, provincial and city departments as well as scientists in universities across the country and around the world, have declared that the regular use of chlorinated water for an extended period of time leads to diseases such as cancer, heart disease and a myriad of other genetic and degenerative disorders.
10 to 15 years ago, statistics showed 1 in 15 would suffer with cancer. The current projections have increased to 1 in 2 within the next 10 years.
Chlorine reacts to organic matter in water and creates Trihalomethanes which have been proven to be carcinogenic.
Escherichia Coli (E.Coli), Gardia Lamblia, Fecal Coliform and Cryptosporidium are microscopic parasites found in the feces of infected humans or animals, often found in water sources after snowmelt or rain storms. When found in drinking water they can cause serious intestinal illness. Some of these parasites are chlorine resistant.
It is estimated that one third of gastro intestinal illnesses can be traced to microbes in tap water.
Current testing methods for Cryptosporidium are imprecise and miss about 90% of the parasites in the raw and finished water.
What most people are not aware of is that the water coming from our taps could in fact be creating the very health problems that we suffer from and are constantly trying to battle.
Pollutants picked up as the water passes through distribution pipelines include copper, iron, zinc and lead which often cause unpleasant odour, unpalatable taste and discoloration along with the long term health effects. Lead in water may cause brain retardation in children.
Scrutinizing the contents of our drinking water can reveal a deadly cocktail of poisons and substances in minute traces that destroy healthy body cells or collect in the body and cause harm.
Scientists have identified over 2300 different chemicals in our water.
Most people do not drink enough water because it doesn't taste good and they defer to sweet tasting drinks that diminish rather than increase their bodies water supply.
If you could see the state of the water pipes from the plant to your home you would want the disinfecting power of chlorine in the water right up to your tap but at that point you have to make a decision….
A doctor once said:
“you can either have a filter or you will be the filter.”
If you decide to be the filter, remember that replacing the clogged human filter can be a long, painful and sometimes fatal process and the replacement you get is not a new one and is often well worn in.
Its your decision….
Do you want you and your family to be the filters?
Or do you want to be able to throw away the bacteria, chemicals, heavy metals, poisons and other contaminants every couple of years and start with a brand new fresh cartridge?
How can we get good water?
Our choices include:
- Buying bottled water;
- A pitcher type or faucet mount filter;
- A Reverse-Osmosis Filtration System;
- A Water Distillation unit;
- A Granular Activated Carbon filter (GAC);
- A Nutri-Tech Water Purifier with the Doulton Ceramic pre-filter.
Let us look at our options.
Here is what researchers say about bottled water.
Despite perceptions that it's healthier, there is little difference between bottled water and tap water — apart from cost. Bottled water may be no safer, or healthier, than tap water in many countries while selling for up to 1,000 times the price.
Bottled water is the fastest growing beverage industry in the world, worth up to $22 billion a year. But the study, conducted by University of Geneva researcher Catherine Ferrier, said the only difference between some bottled water and tap water is that it is distributed in bottles rather than pipes.
1.5 million tons of plastic are used to bottle water every year. "Toxic chemicals can be released into the environment during the manufacture and disposal of bottles.
In 50% of cases the only difference is that bottled water has added minerals and salts, which do not actually mean the water is healthier.
Bottled water is virtually unregulated.
Bottled water is over priced, over 95% of cost is bottle, label, lid and transportation.
Any time water is stored for a prolonged period of time in a plastic bottle, it will take on traces of the chemicals used in the plastic such as Pthylate and Vinyl Chloride.
According to the FDA, "Companies that market bottled water as being safer than tap water are defrauding the public”
Small Pitcher or Faucet Type Filters
Quote off the inside of the box of the Brita Water filter cartridge;
“Caution! The Brita water filter is not intended to purify water.”
A small gravity filter can not be expected to remove heavy duty pollutants.
As it reduces Chlorine and bad taste, we are given the impression that the water is clean.
Water Works Association has described small cartridge units in a pitcher or that attach to the tap as "totally useless", because of their size and the brief exposure time.
The presence of organic nutrients in carbon filters can promote bacterial growth, as quickly as overnight. (Taken from the "City of Ottawa" water treatment plant website).
For every gallon of filtered water, eight gallons go down the drain.
Very slow. Without a holding tank it would take a few hour for one glass of water.
Not effective at removing some bacteria.
Removes all the healthy natural minerals. (*see 'Calcium' below)
Maintenance in costly.
The RO membrane can clog or rupture.
Takes up all the space under your sink.
Water has a flat taste.
Costly to operate. Every litre costs $0.6 in hydro.
Bacteria growth in the holding tank.
Removes all the healthy minerals.
Water tastes flat.
Many pollutants are not removed.
They are typically not effective at removing organic compounds such as pesticides and Trihalomethanes (THMs). THMs is a known carcinogen.
Common Carbon Filters (G.A.C.s)
Bacteria grows inside.
Ineffective at removing lead and other heavy metals and will not soften the water.
Most units are sealed and not cleanable.
No replaceable cartridge.
What is the solution?
According to a quote from the ‘Alive' health magazine;
“The best type of filter to buy would be an activated carbon block filter with a sediment pre-filter to remove bacteria and parasites, and an automatic shut off point when the filter has reached it's limit.”
We teamed up with Doulton of England, the worlds leader if water filtration since 1827.
Doulton manufactures over 100 million filters a year to 188 different countries.
Combining their porcelain filtration expertise with our Surgical Steel expertise, we have produced the best water purifier on the market to date.
How Does It Work?
First the water passes through the Doulton sub-micron pre-filter.
This stage is a purifier on its own and filters down to 0.3 microns.
The porcelain is impregnated with silver which renders its surface bacteriostatic. Bacteria cannot grow on the surface or work its way through. Silver mixed with granulated carbon (G.A.C.s) leaches out. Such a unit will be less effective.
Once the pure water passes through the porcelain, it then travels through an ion exchange chamber which removes all the heavy metals such as the lead, aluminum and mercury.
Stage three is a solid carbon block which is so compressed that it has the filtering surface of over 300.000 square yards.
The result is the purest possible water with all the healthy natural minerals intact.
The benefits of this type of purification are;
- The porcelain is washable. The inside never clogs up.
- The unit indicates when to clean it or replace it, by the flow rate.
- It is the only purifier on the market that allows the free flow of the Calcium and other healthy natural minerals.
- Because of the minerals, the water has a sweet delicious taste.
- Bacteria cannot grow inside the filter.
- Removes heavy metals such as Lead, Mercury and Aluminum.
- The housing comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Very easy to maintain.
- It is EPA approved.
- It uses only FDA (Federal Drug Administration) approved materials.
- It meets NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) standards 42 and 53.
- It is backed by two respected companies: Water Products and Doulton of England.
- Service is free.
We have a purifier for every need!
See more purifiers on our Water Purifier page
* Calcium helps to reduce risk of osteoporosis, high blood pressure as well as colon and rectal cancers.
Treated water devoid of calcium and natural minerals acts as an active absorber.
It will incease bodily acidity, the risk of osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, hypothyroidism, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, premature aging and cardiovascular disease.
Protect yourself . . .
. . . against the consequences of the byproducts (i.e., trihalomethanes) of chlorinated drinking water. You have a right to clean potable water!
1905 – Chlorine introduced to municipal drinking water to prevent waterborne diseases such as typhoid, cholera, etc.
1990 – Risk factor in developing bladder cancer among people ingesting chlorinated water ranged from 12 to 27% (National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD)
1992 – Chlorination and byproducts account for at least 6,500 cases of rectal cancer and 4,200 cases of bladder cancer in the U.S. each year. (Harvard University School of Public Health, Medical College of Wisconsin)
1997 – Chloroform, a byproduct of mixing chlorine with humic acid found in surface water, is linked to an increased risk of colon cancer. (University of Minnesota)
1998 – Pregnant women who drank 5 or more glasses per day of tap water containing trihalomethanes had a miscarriage rate of 15.7%. (California Department of Health Services)
It is estimated that within 10 years one out of two of us will suffer from some form of cancer.
Read on if you would like to minimize your odds.
Are Shower Filters Necessary And Beneficial?
Editorial By Charles Strand, Water Quality Specialist
The answer is simply “both”! Over the last decade the cosmetic benefits of showering in filtered water have been realized and experienced by millions of consumers around the world. “It's so noticeable, you can feel the difference in your skin and hair the very first time you use a shower filter.” Rena' Matthews / Nutritional Consultant and Editor of Cosmetology Today.
Any one who has ever swam in a chlorinated pool can readily relate to the harsh drying effect that chlorine has on your skin and hair. By removing chlorine from your shower water you allow your skin and hair to retain their natural moisture content for a softer feel and more youthful appearance. It's like showering in natural spring water, a difference that is immediately noticeable.
For most people the aesthetic advantages are most noticeable, but recentdocumentation of the surprising health advantages of showering in filtered water prove the necessity. It has been shown that our body takes in more chemicals during a ten minute shower than from drinking a gallon of the same water. Dermal absorption and inhalation of chlorine and other chemicals while showering has now been linked to breast cancer, bladder cancer, asthma and many other ailments. During a hot shower the pores of our skin open and allow for an accelerated rate of absorption. We've long known that chemicals can be absorbed through the skin, a common example is the nicotine patch. Imagine the rate of chemical absorption in warm water and over the entire surface of your skin.
Of equal concern is the level of chemical exposure from inhalation. Almost all synthetic chemicals, including chlorine, vaporize at a much faster rate than water. The result is that the steam has a much higher concentration of the chemicals found in water, often 10 to 30 times higher. We also know that when chemicals are inhaled, they get into our blood stream almost immediately and have a more intense effect.
The American Journal Of Public Health, in 1992, published the results of a ten year study that showed how chlorine in our water caused significant increases in certain types of cancer… and stated that up to 2/3 of our harmful exposure comes from inhalation of steam while showering. The U.S. EPA recently released a report that said “ Virtually every home in America has a detectable level of chloroform gas in the air due to chlorine and showering.” The National Breast Cancer Fund has published many recent reports on the “Chlorine Connection”, and documented that the one common factor among women with breast cancer is that they all have 50 to 60% higher levels of chlorine by-products in their breast tissue. Today in America, a women dies of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
Childhood asthma has increased by over 300% in the last two decades even though outdoor air quality has improved. Medical science now suspects a large part of this increase is due to a decline in indoor air quality, much of which can be traced to synthetic chemicals that vaporize and become airborne from shower water.
My initial involvement in the home water quality industry began over 15 years ago when we discovered that our six month old son's, so called, “chronic asthma” turned out to be nothing more than a sensitivity to chlorine in our water. I've since produced and sold over 3 million shower filtration systems and heard literally hundreds of testimonials from people who have had similar experiences.
The health hazards from absorption and inhalation of chemicals while showering have been heavily documented. The cosmetic benefits of showering in filtered water are instantly noticeable. These factors combine to make a shower filter one of the most unique and beneficial household appliances we have available to us.
In today's industrialized society we use over 75,000 toxic chemicals, 2100 of which have already been found in our public water supplies, (Ralph Nader Research Report), all of which can be absorbed and inhaled while showering. It is critically important to reduce our exposure to toxic chemicals to the greatest degree possible… and a shower filter is one of the most effective means of doing so.
“The need for, and benefits of, showering in chemical free water are equal to or greater than that of drinking chemical free water. “
Go HERE for more benefits of Shower filters !
Over the years of being involved in the health and nutrition industry, I have developed some habits that I truly believe will help me live past 100 years of age.
The following is a list of what I think are some of the most important ways to stay healthy:
WATER - Doctors recomend we drink a minimum of 8 glasses of purified water a day. The water should not be filtered by a Distiller or Reverse Osmosis, as you want your drinking water to have the minerals intact. (See my site on water purifiers)
AIR - Purify the air in your home and office.
FOODS - Always scrub and wash your fruits and veggies in filtered water. (Why add more carcinogens) Prepare your food properly. Cook your vegetables in a Vacumatic saucepan, which will preserve all of your vitamins, nutrients, color and taste. Steam comes to 100° and micro waving boils the vegetable within its own juice, so either raw or cooking in a vacuum vapor will preserve the natural goodness of your foods.
Remember, you are what you eat.
JUICING - Juice every morning. I start my day with a big glass of carrot and apple. If I miss lunch I don't end up with a headache. It is not normal to ever have a headache. We seem to treat our cars better than our bodies. I found an excerpt in the book 'The Juiceman' where they say the best way to eliminate a headache is to drink 1 full liter of purified water within 20 minutes.
SHOWER AND BATH - I have heard from many of my clients in the medical fields that a very large percentage of Chlorine and chemicals from city water is absorbed through our skin when we bath or shower. The best way to eliminate these carcinogens from entering our bodies is with a 'whole house' water filter. For those of us with out the disposable income for such a costly toy, the next best thing is a shower filter. After I installed mine, I immediately noticed a difference with my skin and my wife noticed a softness with her hair. Most importantly, it gives us a piece of mind knowing that our children are not bathing in a 'chemical cocktail'.
TRANSFATS & ACRYLAMIDES - I was shocked at the foods that I thought were healthy that are actually killing my family (see the articles).
FREE RADICALS - If we don't take powerful antioxidants daily to fight the free radicals we could end up being one of the thousands of people who die daily of cancer. I found two antioxidants in the health food stores that impressed me. One is called 'ALL GREENS' and the other 'GREEN +'. A combination of both gives me every thing I want.
Now, for the logical things we must do for our health:
- Don't snack past 3 hours before bed. Try to keep your snack healthy. Veggie dips and fruit platters are my favorites. Flavoured popcorn can be nice but stay away from potato chips as they are usually loaded with transfats.
- Try to remain close to your ideal weight. I find if I stand on the scales in the morning it will remind me daily to eat the right things.
- Avoid smoke and second hand smoke.
- Get enough 'deep' sleep. I used to snore and never felt rested so I spent a night at the 'sleep clinic' and they found that I only got a few minutes of deep sleep and would wake about 20 times an hour. My dentist made me an appliance for at night that would keep my lower jaw forward and prevent me from snoring. It worked so well that it not only saved my life, (as you can die from Sleep Apnea) but also my marriage. (The snoring drove her nuts) For more info on this, contact Dr. Greenacres clinic in Ottawa.
- Stay active. Limit your TV viewing. Make time to exercise, even if it's just a walk around in the mall.
- Watch your stress level. Get a hobby or a pet. Our Lhasa Apso and ShitZu mellow us out after a hard day.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol. I like Swiss Water decaffeinated coffee. I'll drink the 0.5% beer and never drink fountain pop when I go out. (Made with city water).
- A nap or 30 minutes of TM feels great when you're a bit older. (Over 50).
People always guess my age to be in the mid 30's. Even the 'age & weight' guessers at the Ex want to see ID because they don't believe I'm over 50. I truly believe that if you feel younger, you look younger. It's all up to us. Lets get started!
Call Ron at (613) 523-7800 (local calls)
1-877-523-7800 (toll free - outside Ottawa) or e-mail now.
Go HERE to view the best quality products on the market.
Did You Know?
- Incredible as it seems, water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in weight loss. Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat.
- Research by Federal, Provincial and City departments, as well as scientists in universities across the country and around the world, have declared that the regular use of chlorinated water for an extended period of time leads to diseases such as cancer , heart disease, birth defects and other degenerative disorders.
- Chlorine reacts to organic matter in the water and creates Trihalomethanes and Haloacetates, which have been proven to be carcinogenic.
- Next to chlorine, lead is the most common contaminant found in tap water.
- The U.S. EPA has also found that in adult males, better control over lead in drinking water could prevent over 680,000 cases of hypertension, 650 strokes, 880 heart attacks, and 670 premature deaths from heart disease every year in America alone.
- Even low lead levels are reported to cause the following types of problems; poor mental performance, low weight at birth, interference with the metabolism of Vitamin D, delayed growth and neurological development, and poor attention span.
- Tons of aluminium sulphate is added to our water in the treatment process to make the sediments settle out of the water.
- An Ontario study involving 668 autopsy-verified Alzheimer's brains, showing an increased risk by a factor of 2.5 in people drinking water with more than 100 micrograms of aluminium.
- Escherichia Coli (E.Coli), Gardia Lamblia, Fecal Coliform and Cryptosporidium are microscopic parasites found in the feces of infected humans or animals, often found in water sources after snowmelt or rainstorms, can cause serious intestinal illness.
- These parasites are mostly chlorine resistant and it is estimated that 1/3 of gastro intestinal illnesses can be traced to microbes in tap water.
- Current testing methods for Cryptosporidium miss about 90% of the parasites in the raw and finished water. (Milwaukee had the worst outbreak of Chriptosporidium in 1993. The authorities did everything the government required of them, and still 403.000 got sick and 115 died.)
- With over 70,000 chemicals now in use and with the introduction of a 1,000 more each year, drinking water contamination is increasing at an alarming rate. According to a leading citizen lobby, U.S. drinking water has 2,300 toxic chemicals causing cancer, cell mutation, and nervous disorders.
- Existing treatment plants were not designed to remove the new toxic chemicals, and the government is slow to regulate the high rate of contamination.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- If the amount of water in your body is reduced by; 1% you feel very thirsty and your metabolism slows down. 3% can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on the printed page. 5% you will have difficulty moving your muscles or thinking clearly, reducing your ability to work by 20-30%. At 10% loss of body water you will die.
- Drinking 8 glasses of water daily DECREASES the risk of:
. colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%,
. bladder cancer by 50% rectal cancer by 38%.
. back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
. kidney stones and urinary tract infections
. constipation, migraine headaches and obesity.
- Scientific research has revealed that the quality of the water is directly proportional to the health and longevity of people in 5 regions of the world who regularly live over 100 years of age.
- It has been estimated that 53 million Americans, about 20 percent of the population, have been drinking water that is contaminated with feces, radiation, lead, or other poisons. This is according to data collected by the United States Environmental Protection Agency in 1993-1994. This was a 7.6 million increase over 1992!
WATER PRODUCTS INC.
1554 Carling Ave. Suite 50
Ottawa Ontario K1Z-7M4
(613) 523-7800 (local calls in Ottawa)
1-877-523-7800 ( toll free - outside Ottawa)